The Writing Center
The Writing Center is OPEN!!
The Writing Center is here to assist students in improving their writing skills. The peer tutors are acting as objective readers and will make suggestions for the students’ improvement. The tutors act as guides to help organizational skills, language skills, and revising skills. The peer tutors work only for service hours and for the enhancement of the school’s writing abilities. All tutors will be prepared and ready at the designated times for anyone who asks for help and will gladly assist them. Mrs. Holbrook, along with the two student directors, has spent a tremendous amount of time to reorganize the center and have it ready for this year. We hope everyone finds it useful and a great resource for the students.
How to contact a Writing Center tutor:
- Email one of the listed tutors on the schedule during the appropriate time.
- If you are not contacted 5 minutes after you email, then email Mrs. Holbrook who will find a tutor that can help you.
- Decide how you wish to communicate (email, Skype, etc.)
- Be prepared to email the tutor your paper.
- The tutor will lead the session that can last for an hour if necessary. (Note: the tutor will act as a reader and not correct all mistakes but instead make suggestions.)
Click here for a list of Writing Center Tutors.