Mission and Philosophy
St. Paul's Episcopal School in Mobile, Alabama is committed to providing the highest quality college preparatory education in a Christian environment. Through a variety of experiences and activities, we encourage individual growth and achievement. By example, the St. Paul's community fosters respect, integrity, responsibility, service, tolerance, and the highest moral standards to prepare the whole person for a changing and challenging future.
Philosophy and Belief
St. Paul's seeks to create an opportunity for the individual student to realize his or her own potential in all aspects of life by making available a variety of learning experiences and activities. Our commitment to providing the highest quality college preparatory education in a Christian environment is based on the belief that it is important to:
- Educate the whole student spiritually, academically, civically, socially, physically, and emotionally;
- Provide an education rooted in Christian principles as understood and interpreted by the Episcopal Church;
- Maintain an atmosphere in which each student can develop a sense of individual worth and formulate a code of moral values based on Christian ethics;
- Promote an environment that embraces, respects, and teaches tolerance and appreciation for cultural, ethnic, religious, and racial differences within our community;
- Implement a carefully formulated curriculum and accepted learning methodologies which recognize and address individual differences and needs;
- Encourage a respect for and appreciation of learning and knowledge;
- Offer a variety of educational and extracurricular programs and encourage participation in school, social, and community endeavors;
- Evaluate and strengthen our educational standards on a continuing basis to provide students with challenges that will allow them to develop into informed, self-assured, and responsible citizens.
St. Paul's Episcopal School is a nondiscriminatory, independent institution which operates under the supervision and control of a Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees is charged with the responsibility for establishing and maintaining the mission, philosophy and policies of the school.
For more information or a personal tour of our campuses, please contact Julie Taylor, Director of Admissions at 251-461-2129.